‘Remediation is a fine art’
At Daineswell, we are proud of a slogan that exemplifies our achievements in the design & delivery of ground remediation projects.
What makes it a fine art? Remediation of contaminated land means more to us than just cleaning up soil and groundwater. It’s everything else that might affect the outcome of the development – topography, drainage, access, ecology, and other potential impediments to a successful development. The art is considering all these variables together to determine an integrated solution. It’s based on the science of investigation, knowledge of current guidance, modern construction technology and the apparent magic of genius.
We select and appoint specialist consultants and contractors to undertake the works. The resultant team is unique for each project, using personnel carefully chosen for their skills, experience and fairness. With our lead, the chosen team designs & implements the approved remedial solution. For the client, the Daineswell approach to design & build is very effective and can be a more economical method than appointing a large multi-disciplinary firm. We can chose from whosoever we want, whereas, the larger firms generally choose only from their own staff! You will deal, from the outset and throughout the process, with senior personnel who will use their many years of experience to deliver the best result.
- The process starts with ground investigation. Much like a doctor might interrogate your personal background, we review the history of the land and then, like medical testing, carry out physical investigations of soils & groundwater. We study the variables, the need for planning & regulatory approvals, any civil engineering requirements, and anything else that might affect the layout of a new development
- You may be worried about flooding? Don’t be: there’s an answer
- If Japanese Knotweed is an issue, we are here to eradicate it and any other invasive weeds
- We manage all other related development matters, including: archæology, trees, transportation, utility supply, demolition & asbestos
- Whatever constraints your site presents, we promote and deliver the most cost effective solution, maximising your return on investment
Daineswell (Remediation) Ltd has been providing these services since 2008; our associate design & delivery teams for many years longer. Our list of repeat business, together with a growing list of successful large and small projects for our many clients, makes compelling reading.
Managing Director and Fellow of the Institution of Civil Engineers, Terry Dean, has 30 years experience in the business, having begun his career in the 1980s with the Meadowhell Shopping Centre – built on two former steelworks sites.
… and don’t forget to ask for a sprinkling of Daineswell magic dust, essential in delivering the best outcome in cost, quality and time!